Marshall JVM205C Where is the HT fuse located?

votes

I had a problem less than a year ago. I heard a light popping sound, then another then no sound. The amp was repaired under warranty.  I was setting up to record. I turned the amp on, tuned up while I wanted for the tubes to warm up and when I brought the amp out of standby I heard that familiar pop. Kind of like a lightbulb popping. I have had tube amps in the past and never had to replace tubes so regularly. Is this an issue with this model Marshall?

asked 20 Apr 2020 at 01:29 AM

Kerry Guillory
Answers: 1

votes

Hello Kerry,

We have not had any issues with this model,  you may have been unlucky with one of the new power valves,  we would recommend that you have it looked at by an engineer.

Kind Regards

Marshall Support

answered 21 Apr 2020 at 07:22 AM

Thanks for the reply.
I'm getting the impression, the tech I'm dealing with thinks I or my settings could be the cause, due to the fact I guess this is the second time within a year I've had this problem. I don't push the amp hard. It's in a 10 x10 room I converted to a studio for recording. Maybe you would be so kind as to help me again. My current settings for volume are:
Overdrive channel Gain is @ 2 Volume is at 75%. On the clean/crunch channel the gain is at 8 and the volume at 75%. The masters are both at about 2. This gives me a good tone at a low volume. In the small room, it's in turning the masters up even to just 5 would require ear protection.
The question is are theses settings pushing the power or preamp tubes to the point that would shorten their lifespan?
- Kerry Guillory 21 Apr 2020 at 08:51 PM
Loading - please wait...