Dsl40cr issues?

votes

Hi there,

I had a Marshall dsl40cr brand new and out the box it "hissed" and "wooshed" quite bad, so much so I had to send it back.

I was sent a replacement that was alot better, but still a touch of noise.

This isn't electrical noise or interference - I know what that sounds like - this is something different.

It's only recently I've been too bothered, as it seems a lot of people have this issue.

My second issues is, when swapping between the 2 master volumes there is a popping noise - that's regardless of if 1 is higher than 2 or vice versa. It's like a static pop and happens via footswitch or on the panel.

I been reading the noise can be due to caps and resistors that need swapping and the popping is due to a faulty controller. Surely if these are known problems, this should be covered.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

asked 13 May 2020 at 02:38 PM

Nathan Martin
Answers: 1

votes

Hello Nathan,

The noise is due to the gyrator circuit that is built into the amplifier to give a better bass response, this should not be heard whilst playing, due to it being a high gain amplfiier there is a slight pop when changing channel, this is not a fault and isn`t causing any damage to the amplifier.

Kind Regards

Marshall Support

answered 14 May 2020 at 10:23 AM

I as well sent a new DSL40CR back in 2023. The hissing is just too loud with volumes and gain set even moderately. And can be heard through the emulation out line making impossible to record or run through a PA directly. My DSL 100CR makes no such sounds, and is quiet both through cabinet and emulation out. I love the DSL40CR's sound but can't handle the hiss, is there a fix? Would buy another if the sound is resolved. Michael - Michael Kruse 21 Aug 2023 at 08:18 PM
Loading - please wait...