Code 25 build quality and output quality

votes

Hey all,

Early last month I bought myself a Marshall Code 25 amp.  It's supposed to replace my old Line 6 Pod 2.0.

The Marshall Code amp came delivered with a dent on the bottom.  Also, and this is important, when turning the amp I can hear a small item inside it roll.  At the same time I could also hear a larger object slide.

So I thought this was probably due to heavy handling by the delivery company, so I sent it back.

A week or so later I recieved a brand new one.  This time no dent, the unit seems undamaged at first sight.  However.  The exact same rolling and sliding as I described earlier is happening inside the amp.  Is this supposed to be normal?  That would be one hell of a coincidence.

As I am a starting guitarist, I've been playing less than two years, I can't say that I'm impressed with the sound I get from the Code amp.
Whenever I increase bass, let's say over 5.5, the amp sounds really bad.  I hear cracks, fuzz, ...  It really breaks the vibe.
As I also don't have the best of guitars and I'm probably a poor judge in terms of audio quality, I can't say for certain that it's the amp.  However, the quality I got from the old Line 6 pod 2.0 is clearly better.  Not a whole lot better, but better none the less.

So.  Is my Code amp damaged or something? 

asked 26 May 2020 at 07:49 PM

Thomas Peeters
Answers: 1

votes

Hi Thomas,

Thank you for your message, it sound the like power transformer has fallen inside the amp, for this to happen the box could have been dropped, this could have also caused an issue with the output on the speaker if its took a bigger knock when with the shipping company, I would suggest updating the firmware on the amp to see if this fixes any of your sound issues,

Regards

Marshall Support

answered 27 May 2020 at 09:51 AM

Hey there,

The "Marshall firmware update utility" tells me I already use the latest firmware.

I'm considering going to the shop that sold me the item to get a replacement. I'll be transporting it myself and I'll make sure everything is OK with it before I take it home.

Regards,
Thomas
- Thomas Peeters 30 May 2020 at 04:21 PM
Loading - please wait...