PEDL90008 switch fault?

votes

Hello

I have the PEDL90008 switch hooked up to an MG15HFX.

Switch one stopped working. Its not the cable and the amp still switches from the front panel.

As the cable is only 2 conductor I'm guessing the pedal uses banked resistors to create voltage switching. I'll be able to check when I find my meter.

I don't want to try it on someone elses amp in case it blows it. Nor do I really want to buy another if its a simple fix.  It may even still be under warranty (can't find the chitty) but the carriage is probably half the price of a switch so hardly worth the effort.

Anyone know if this is switched resistance? 

Any other suggestions?

Regards

asked 02 Oct 2016 at 06:30 PM

Stix Malloy
Answers: 1

votes

Hello,

The pedal works on a form of midi signal so if button 1 isn`t working try re initalising the amplfiier incase it is corrupt programming, if this doesn`t cure the problem it is probably a faulty switch. 

answered 03 Oct 2016 at 02:49 PM

JOANNA GREEN (643)
If by re initialising you mean the factory reset (hold store button at switch on) it didn't work. Any easy way to check the switch without plugging it into something else or buying another? - Stix Malloy 09 Oct 2016 at 09:47 PM
Hello,
Only by measuring the switch if you are able to do this.
- JOANNA GREEN 10 Oct 2016 at 12:44 PM
Possibly. If its voltage measurement anyway. As the thing has to be plugged in to power up is it just a case of pulling back the plug cover and measuring output on the hot core? Or maybe at a test point on the PCB? If it requires some kind of MIDI "sniffer" that might be trickier as my knowledge of MIDI is less than zero. - Stix Malloy 10 Mar 2017 at 08:33 PM
Loading - please wait...