DSL100HR not working

votes

Hello everyone i hope your all doing well

I recently we are talking the last 4 days purchesed my dream amp a marshall DSL100HR. I was very excited to finally be able to get my hands on a marshall super lead series amp. The dream has become a bit of a nightmare as currently i am the proud owner of a fancy paper weight. I handled the amp head with extreme care when i got it. I let it acclimate to my house temp befor even taking it out of the shipping packiging then when i did i was baby gental in doing so i set it up correctly and double checked so befor even powering up the amp. When i did power on the amp i let the tubes warm up like i read to do so i did this for 15m when i switched the amp to power low mode on i think that its 50watt in that mode. I heard a loud pop pop pop buzz and everything died the amp became unresponsive and the only thing that seemed to be working was that the tubes were lighting up properly and i could run the amp in standby thats it. the front panel was dead the foot switch was dead but the amp could still power on does anybody know what the hell happand ?

what did i do wrong did i just get a lemon ?

is this common with this amp range ? 

I am not rich it took a lot of financial planning to be able to afford this amp i am so bummed out. I did speak to the place i bought it from and there sending me a return label and when they get it they will ship a new DSL to me but this whole situation sucks. Thanks for any insite and help i wish everyone well !

(update) I got the return label sent the amp head back there processing a new DSL100HR order for me i wont get it till tuesday/wensday hope the one they send me works ! If the new DSL100HR also has issues i will most likely swear off tube amps forever not at all pleased with my initial experience at all.

(update 2) I have the new DSL100HR and this one works so i guess i got a lemon befor all is well now enjoy your lives people stay metal ! stay rock and roll ! most important stay safe out there !

edited 09 Jun 2020 at 08:19 PM

J J

asked 04 Jun 2020 at 04:58 PM

J J
Answers: 0
Loading - please wait...