Best replacement Tube for my JVM205C

votes

What brand does Marshall recommend for replacement tubes? I would like to know what would be the best tubes to replace both the ECC83 and EL34 tubes with. I recently had the power tubes replaced under warranty and they used Groove Tubes. To me, they don't sound as warm as the original tubes. I play mostly blues and rock. I like the warm rich sound. I use the overdrive channel, but don't get into the metal sound.

Anyway, I figure I should ask the experts. If you could tell me where I might be able to purchase the tubes you recommend that would be a plus. I'm in the USA.

asked 20 Jun 2020 at 01:50 AM

Kerry Guillory
Answers: 1

vote

Hello Kerry,

We use JJ valves as power valves and JJ and Shugang for the pre amp valves.

Kind Regards

Marshall Support

answered 24 Jun 2020 at 09:21 AM

Hi,
I currently have in my JVM 205C is ECC83 Marshall white label (Shuguang ) in V6 and V7 , and ECC83 Marshall red label ( JJ ) in V5, V8 and V9. and EL 34 Marshall red label (JJ) in V2 and V3. Do you recommend to replace them exactly same way as they are now? Or is enough to buy whole set of one brand. For example JJs? Or what would you recommend? Thank you for your answer.
- Frantisek Marecek 03 Oct 2020 at 11:57 AM
As long as they are good quality low micro phony valves and the power valves are a matched pair, and the amplifier is re biased for the power valves, different branded valves shouldn`t be a problem.

Kind Regards
- Lee Tomlin 07 Oct 2020 at 08:22 AM
Loading - please wait...