Code 50 amp cuts out. All sound stops. Anybody else?

votes

Hey everyone I'm having a major problem with my Code 50 and looking for a solve. Bought it brand new in November 2019 so about 8 months old. Recently my amp has started cutting out arbitrarily. Zero output. I feed my guitar directly into the amp.. nothing. My guitar and cords work fine with other amps. The ONLY thing that fixes the problem is to reboot the amp. Turn it off, wait a bit, turn it back on. Then it works for a while, then it happens again. Incredibly frustrating! Happened in the middle of band practice last week, off and on for a good half hour, then was ok the rest of the night and for a few days and then it started again. Just cuts out totally out of the blue. Can someone help please? I'm about to throw this amp out of the window and smash it! Agghh! 

CODE

asked 26 Jun 2020 at 12:55 AM

Mitch Cassel
Answers: 1

votes

Hi Mitch,

your definitely need to return your amp for either repair or replacement. It should be under the twelve month warranty as you purchased it new. That's unless you registered (sent the card off in the original box) as then you'd be covered for three years. 
In all correspondence I've seen on here, Marshall ask that during the first year you initially return it to the retailer. 
Hope you get a functional one soon. 
Cheers,

Si.

answered 27 Jun 2020 at 11:26 PM

Simon Coulston (10)
Thanks Simon. Yup I also emailed the Marshall support team and they said the same thing. Dropped it off yesterday at the dealer, they are going to do a factory reset and have the tech check it out today. I did try to mail in my registration card on this amp. Bought it here in the states and the registration card had a US address on it. The card came back to me saying that address didn't exist. Interesting. - Mitch Cassel 29 Jun 2020 at 12:35 PM
Loading - please wait...