Marshall Code 50 + iOS bluetooth

votes

Hi,

I have found a weird thing that may or may not be known with iOS + Bluetooth and the Code 50.

The CODE 50 when playing backing tracks / using it as a Bluetooth speaker is very quiet (So the master is wacked up and the playing guitar is extremely loud). 

and the weirdest thing (which physically makes sense but still it shouldn't do it) is that the Amp is predominatly a Left speaker when playing music through bluetooth as my phone (iPhone 6S) thinks my amp is bluetooth headphones rather than speaker (as the headphone icon pops up on the top right). 

My amp is on the latest firmware update.

Is there any fix for this? There's nothing in the gateway app for audio balencing

asked 26 Jul 2020 at 09:49 PM

Ed Thwaites
Answers: 1

votes

Hi Ed,

Have you tried turning the phone volume up, the amp is a play along feature not to used as a Bluetooth speaker as the output is mono not stereo.

Regards

Marshall Support

answered 27 Jul 2020 at 07:49 AM

Yes when I use it to play along my phone is at Max volume - The amp Master volume has to be at least 40-50% to hear anything (which for the guitar is stupidly loud - so guitar volume has to be like 10% at least)

I know the amp is a Mono speaker but my phone treats the Amp as a stereo speaker hence the audio balence issues as the amp speaker is treated as a Left speaker.
- Ed Thwaites 27 Jul 2020 at 02:15 PM
Loading - please wait...