Marshall Code 25 Amp - Crackling

votes

I bought a Marshall Code 25 Amo just over 2 years ago. A slight crackling noise began about 4 months ago and has gradually been getting worse.

The amp now sounds like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8mBySo-xLo and is totally unusable.  Ive tried different guitar cables, a different power cable, a different socket (to rule out interference) and separate guitars. It's definitely the amp.

Amazon won't take the device back and cannot repair it.

Any suggestions as to what my next steps should be please? A device like this shouldn't last for only 2 years.

Many thanks 

Tony

asked 27 Jul 2020 at 04:57 PM

Tony Platts
agreed, it should last for many more years. A friend of mine had the same issue, it turned out to be a bad USB connection, the USB cable was wrecked. He replaced that cable and the noise was gone. Just wanted to let you know and hoping it will be the case, I somehow doubt it that you haven't checked it since you've checked everything else. - Ron Bercx 23 Sep 2020 at 02:15 PM
Answers: 1

votes

I never did get this issue resolved.  Both Marshall Code 25s in my house now crackle like this and I can only assume theyre not fit for purpose. 

I tried to get a refund but Amazon won't assist.

Both devices have now passed their warranty date. Huge waste of money and I'd advise people, get a refund if you can and buy something else instead.

Lousy amp, lousy support.

answered 28 Aug 2021 at 10:54 AM

Tony Platts
Hi Tony,

Please contact servicedesk@marshall.com , and we can arrange to have your amp looked at by an engineer.

Regards

Marshall Support
- Lee Tomlin 31 Aug 2021 at 07:55 AM
Loading - please wait...