Marshall Code 25/wierd noise

votes

I bought a new marshall code 25 and plugged in my guitar to test if everything works fine. But when I touch a string the Amp makes a quite but annoying and strange "crack" sound, but only when I touch it. That happens when I even not play the string, it's enough to put your finger slow on the string. Also the Amp rustle when I'm playing but not when I'm not playing, is that normal??

Come somebody tell me please if they have the same problem or if that's normal?! 

Thanks 

asked 29 Jul 2020 at 09:56 PM

Fynn 1234
that question was always in my mind. Thanks to asking behalf of me!
https://cpstest.org
- Gerald Maxwell 31 Jul 2020 at 07:07 AM
Answers: 2

votes

Hi Fynn,

Thank you for your question, this sounds like either the earth on the guitar or a faulty cable, I would suggest trying another cable and guitar

Regards

Marshall Support

answered 30 Jul 2020 at 08:03 AM

Hi, thanks for your fast answer. I already tried that with two other guitars and two other cables but it's still the same problem!? - Fynn 1234 30 Jul 2020 at 08:21 AM

votes

Hi Flynn,

hoping by now you may have managed to locate the  issue?

If it is still present could I ask if you have checked the mains socket you have been using to connect the amp? As per Marshall's advice here it certainly sounds like you have a poor earth connection. These can prove a pain in the ass to track down but in the event of a fault can be dangerous and should be found if you have a problem.. I'm obviously unsure if you have any electrical knowledge or access to either a Martindale or an earth loop impedance tester?

The Martindale is a very straightforward piece of kit ( these can usually be hired for next to nothing) indicating the status of the connections and allows you to initially test a socket without removing the cover. The only issue is that while will inform you if the socket under test is wired correctly and if an earth connection is indeed present or not, it can't indicate (as far as the path for any fault current is concerned) if that connection is good and solid or poor and breaking down. That is where the ELI tester comes in. This is a more complicated piece of equipment though and without training and experience best left to a professional.  

I can't believe that I've neglected to ask if you have used another outlet or tested your amp in a friend's home?  I apologise as that should have been the first thing I suggested and the next thing you try really. If when you test elsewhere and it's not an issue with the amp and you haven't any electrical experience, I would urge you to have a qualified tradesman give your wiring a quick once over. It's not something that should prove expensive but any cost outweighs your own and your family's safety. If it is a problem with the amp I'd have that looked over by a professional also. 

Fingers crossed 🤞🏻 you have already sorted it out and you can ignore me altogether 😉. 

Cheers,
Si. 

answered 17 Aug 2020 at 08:10 AM

Simon Coulston (12)
Loading - please wait...