Information on my JTM45 amp and cabinet

votes

Hi, I am trying to find out any more about my JTM45 amp. I have owned this for over 45 years,  i have never made any changes to it.

Something that always puzzled me is the lack of any serial number on the rear panel.  I cant see why anyone would have made a new chassis, but there are extra unused holes and i can make out where someone has scratched on the type of valves  in each position. I am assuming its probably late 1963 as it doesnt have the 'coffin' lable but is a two tone cabinet as per the early kind. Also the knobs are different to others i have seen.

Also i can find no record of the model of speaker cabinet that i assume is also a Marshall cabinet, 2 x 12" speakers. Sadly the original Celestion speakers are long gone (my fault!)  I have seen one reference to an extension cabinet or boutique cabinet that looked similar, how ever it looks like the Marshall badge was at an angle on mine, though it was missing when I bought the cabinet.

Any help for the above would be great, many thanks, Martin

asked 31 Jul 2020 at 03:23 PM

Martin Kingshott
Answers: 1

votes

Hello Martin,

So we can help you further please can you forward these photos to servicedesk@marshall.com so i will then be able to forward them to our archivist, who will be able to give his opinion.

Kind Regards

Marshall Support

answered 06 Aug 2020 at 07:02 AM

Loading - please wait...