Marshall Firmware Update Utility can't find amp. It keeps saying "Please connect your CODE..."

vote

I'm using Windows 10, and the Amp says "USB" when plugged into PC.  I installed the window app, but all it says is "please connect your Code..,".    I checked device manager and it says " Unknown USB device (device descriptor request failed).   I tried uninstall, reboot, reload, etc., and different USB ports ,but nothing works.   

asked 08 Oct 2016 at 10:02 PM

David Goodrich (1)
Answers: 4

votes

Hi Arek,

Do you have any other app's or browsers in the background when trying to update? anything that uses Midi will interfere with the download.

Team Marshall

answered 04 Jan 2017 at 02:56 PM

votes

Hello David,

Have you tried to connect the CODE using a different cable? Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the software? If the problem still persists, please email our team at support@marshallamps.com.

Team Marshall

answered 10 Oct 2016 at 12:18 PM

votes

I'm having the same issue.  It says there was an error communicating with the Code. Please turn off the amp and turn back on to try again. I'm using a brand new cable. I uninstalled and reinstalled the software. 

answered 15 Oct 2016 at 11:08 PM

Sean Mahoney

votes

I have the same problem. Brand new amp and not working gear.

answered 31 Dec 2016 at 08:35 AM

Arek Gałka
This Software is simply buggy not less not more . Please fix this finally !!! - Micha Dix 15 Aug 2020 at 12:34 AM
Loading - please wait...