Volume fluctuation on marshall mini jubilee head

votes

Hey 

So i have had this amp since 2016 and i play it a lot. mostly at home on the 5 watt mode. Today as i turned on my rig and put the amp on from stanby(around 20 min) i start playing and the volume starts fluctuating from loud to soft and back on its own. I investigted some patch cables in my pedal board to see if one was faulty and finally just went direct guitar to amp. The fluctuations kept happening.  eventually i turned it off and now am writing this! 

Now where i live the mains are at 220 and this amp is a US voltage amp so 110. I run it through a power transformer and its worked fine for the last 4 odd years. Never ever had this problem. 

Do you guys think a tube is busted? or something else is the culprit. Guitar pots are fine no problem there. the cable and input are all fine. It has to be the amp. Do i need to change out the tubes, have these ones worn out or do you think its my electricity thats irregular? 

I connect the head into 2 different 'cabinets' basically 2 combo amps have that im connecting to the speakers of directly. both are at 8 ohm. again, ive run this setup and play almost everyday and this volume thing has never happened. 

Any help is much appreciated! 

asked 10 Aug 2020 at 02:51 PM

Shashvat Pandit
Answers: 1

votes

Hello Shashvat,

We would recommend that you have the amplifier looked at by a qualified engineer so they can check the valves for you to see if this is causing the fluctuating volumne.

Kind Regards

Marshall Support

answered 18 Aug 2020 at 09:47 AM

Loading - please wait...