JVM 410H Channel Switch Pop

votes

I've noticed that when switching channels, specifically from any other channel to the Clean channel in Green mode, I get an audible pop. Not like a firecracker going off, but definitely bothersome. If I set the Clean channel to Orange mode the pop does not happen. So, the pop only happens when switching to Clean/Green. This pop occurs when switching via the front panel buttons or my midi Voodoo Lab ground Control. 

I've had another JVM410H owner try to reproduce the issue, and they experienced the same pop when switching via the front panel buttons, but did not experience the pop when using the Marshall footswitch.

How can I correct this?

asked 12 Aug 2020 at 07:40 PM

Anthony Watkins
Answers: 1

votes

Hello Anthony,

It is natural to hear a noise when changing channel on the JVM410H, it is the relay switcing to change the channel.

Kind Regards

Marshall Support

answered 18 Aug 2020 at 09:46 AM

Thanks for the reply, but I'm having a bit of trouble accepting this as an answer. Can you explain why the pop only happens when switching to Clean/Green? - Anthony Watkins 18 Aug 2020 at 01:18 PM
Hello Antony,
You would hear it more when changing from a higher gain channel to clean as you are switching in extra amounts of gain.

Kind Regards
Marshall Support
- Lee Tomlin 19 Aug 2020 at 03:41 PM
Loading - please wait...