Gateway Playback feature

votes

On the Gateway app I can playback very little music. I can easily play music with iTunes (Bluetooth) but I am referring to using the playback feature. I have tried to playback 50-60 songs, some of it is purchased but all of it is downloaded. Why do only certain songs work. This is a huge issue for me and one of the main reasons I bought the Code 100H and 212 cabinet. 

asked 03 Sep 2020 at 01:45 AM

Jay Thompson
Answers: 2

votes

Hey Jay,

The gateway app will only play back purchased music not downloaded, from either Apple music or spotify. I needs to be paid for music.

Regards

Marshall Support

answered 03 Sep 2020 at 07:58 AM

votes

That is 100% inaccurate. AS I STATED, I have tried both downloaded AND paid for music and all combinations of the 2. Very few songs actually work on playback. How about not giving me the "canned" answer and try to give me an option that works. I didn't give Marshall pretend money for this amp. Thanks

answered 04 Sep 2020 at 04:52 PM

Jay Thompson
Hi Jay,
I just connect my phone to the amp with bluetooth, start up Spotify or Apple music and jam along with sound coming out from the amp. I never use the playback function on the Gateway app. I have the app opened though because I often want to make changes to the presets via Gateway. Maybe this will work for you.
- Ron Bercx 23 Sep 2020 at 01:51 PM
Loading - please wait...