New Code 25 hum and internal rattle

votes

Just bought a brand new Code 25 amp that was delivered by courier. It sounds great in play but there is a relatively loud constant hum from the speaker from about 5 seconds after switch on. Even with no guitar attached. is this normal?

Also something is rattling inside when I tilt the cabinet side to side. I'm worried it may have been damaged in transit. Maybe these two issues are related?

Anyone have any thoughts or advice. Not sure I can face sending it back to the seller as although I bought it off a .co.uk website it actually shipped from Poland. 

asked 03 Sep 2020 at 06:45 AM

Jonathan Howarth
My new Code 25 was delivered with the transformer broken loose and the 2 screws supporting it and a bunch of pieces of chipboard rattling around inside the cabinet.
The securing screws are very short (probably because the wood of the cabinet in not very thick) so are not that secure. There was no sign of damage anywhere on the amp or even on the box so I assume the impact to cause this was minimal. Perhaps Marshall should consider adding some adhesive under such a heavy component before screwing it to the cabinet?
- Joliet Jake 02 Mar 2021 at 11:10 AM
Didn't realise this is a pretty common thing. - Joliet Jake 25 Mar 2021 at 12:58 PM
Answers: 1

votes

Hi Jonathan,

Thank you for your message, we would suggest the amp is looked at, sound like it could have been damaged on delivery, you will need to contact the store you purchased from and they will be able to arrange this for you.

Regards

Marshall Support

answered 03 Sep 2020 at 08:00 AM

Loading - please wait...