Origin 20 Very Low/No Output - Potential Power Section Issue

vote

Hello,

I am a recent ower of a Marshall Origin 20, which I got in July. I've really enjoyed the amp until I plugged in last night and got out absolutely no sound out of it. I couldn't figure out why, as nothing as happened to it and it worked fine two days ago. I took it apart to do some trouble shooting and found that when I have all the knobs max'd and output on 20 watts, I can hear a whisper of my guitar signal (nicely saturated, presumably by the preamp tubes) through the speaker. This sound is affected by all of the knobs. However, if I plug my guitar directly into the return of the effects loop, and activate the effects loop I get no sound whatsoever; no guitar, no hum, nothing. Because of this, I'm sure my speaker is not the problem. These things led me to think it was a power amp section issue, so I went down and purchased a new set of matched EL34's, threw them in there, and nothing changed. I'd really like to know if there's anything I can do to fix this, because this amp is not even a year old and I should not be having these kinds of problems with completely normal bedroom use.

Thanks,

Alex

asked 12 Sep 2020 at 06:27 PM

Alex Peters (1)
Answers: 1

votes

Hello Alex,

We would recommennd that you have your ORI20 looked at by a qualified engineer, as it should still be under warranty we recommend that you contact the dealer it was purchased through.

Kind Regards

Marshall Support

answered 15 Sep 2020 at 11:03 AM

I am having the same issue.
- Matthew Welsh 04 Jul 2021 at 09:00 PM
Loading - please wait...