Marshall Origin 20c

votes

Hi, 

I was wondering if I could plug in a two notes torpedo cab m into the 8 ohm speaker out jack of my Marshall Origin 20c without plugging it into the speaker as well?  Would I need to put a dummy plug into the DI out to activate the built in load dummy load? Would the dummy load work without the dummy plug in the DI out? Can I even use the 8 ohm speaker out jack without a load on whatever I have plugged into it even with the DI out plugged into something?  The two notes cab m does not have a dummy load built in and on normal amps would have to be plugged back into a speaker or a load box for the load and sound would still come out of the speaker.I'm wanting to use the two notes cab m so I can tweek cab imulations, record and use headphones all while still using my amp without disturbing anyone. I know I could just use the DI out, but I've read it alresady has cob imulation on it and I would like to tweek my own.

asked 12 Sep 2020 at 07:55 PM

CHARLES KAECHELE
Answers: 1

votes

Hello Charles,

We don’t recommend running the Origin 20 without a load.

The Two Notes Torpedo C.A.B M is designed to be used with the internal speaker or an external cab to correctly sample the audio from the amp, and therefore needs to have the speaker plugged in.
The C.A.B M must not be plugged into the Origin 20 without a load on it’s output or it will cause damage to the amplifier.

Kind Regards

Marshall Support

answered 16 Sep 2020 at 01:01 PM

Loading - please wait...