Origin 20c combo external speaker connection

votes

Hi, I just want to make sure I've got this straight. I want to run my amp through my external attenuator(weber mini mass) and then into an 8 ohm external cabinet.

1a) Amp (8 ohm out)->attenuator(set for 8 0hms)->to external cabinet(1x12 with 8 ohm speaker) Is this correct?

1b) In the above scenario, if I want to run through the 8 ohm cab alone do I have to disconnect the onboard 16 ohm speaker? 

2) If the external attenuator is not connected, can I run the amp through the 16 ohm combo speaker and the 8 ohm ext cab at the same time? Or is it either/or?

Thanks

edited 09 Oct 2020 at 01:08 PM

Pete Monette

asked 08 Oct 2020 at 07:17 PM

Pete Monette
Answers: 1

votes

Hello Pete,

1a) Amp (8 ohm out)->attenuator(set for 8 0hms)->to external cabinet(1x12 with 8 ohm speaker) Is this correct?

Yes that’s correct.

1b) In the above scenario, if I want to run through the 8 ohm cab alone do I have to disconnect the onboard 16 ohm speaker? 

Yes, to run an 8 Ohm cab on it’s own you must disconnect the internal 16 Ohm speaker.

2) If the external attenuator is not connected, can I run the amp through the 16 ohm combo speaker and the 8 ohm ext cab at the same time? Or is it either/or?

You will have to use one or the other to keep the Impedance matched.

Kind Regards

answered 13 Oct 2020 at 10:05 AM

Loading - please wait...