When will there be a update?

votes

Ok Marshall we bought your product thinking it would be a good product. With trusted support.  You have failed your customers and your products with no support for the code amps that your customers bought. And now most are stuck with a half working amp that they can't sell or not happy with.  When will you get off your butts and fix the amps with a firmware update? And support the product and the consumers?  Let us know so we can either stick it out or move on to another product.

asked 24 Oct 2020 at 06:25 PM

Kenneth Blizzard (2)
The truth is that CODE products are good, they will not be the best
but if they fulfill many very good functions. The truth is, before
supporting a new firmware update, I would like marshall to give us
a program for the official PC in the style of Code Editor that is made
by third parties, but it has several problems, so it would be a very good
detail with all users from CODE that marshall made its own software for Windows
PCs and MacOS with which it would be easier to manage patches, rename them,
organize them, import, export, etc. I hope they give us that Christmas present!
- Sebastián Mancipe 01 Dec 2020 at 07:50 PM
Answers: 7

vote

we bought your product thinking it would be a good product.

Yes, so did I. And I still think it's a good product.

You have failed your customers and your products with no support for the code amps that your customers bought.

What support do you mean? My product works perfectly well and I don't need any support.

And now most are stuck with a half working amp that they can't sell or not happy with.

What does "most" mean? Do you have any access to statstic data concerning CODE amps users? As far as I know, ALL my fellow CODE users ARE happy with this product and they don't even think about selling it. If MOST users were not happy, the second-hand market would be full of CODE amps.

What is "half working amp"? You get half of the output power? Half of effects don't work? Half of presets are not accessible?

When will you get off your butts and fix the amps with a firmware update?

What for? Current firmware is OK, I can't imagine what could be improved.

Let us know so we can either stick it out or move on to another product.

Sorry for being ironic, but you seem to forget, that most important feature of guitar amplifier i SOUND, not a BT connection or mobile app - both completly useless during stage performace. JVM 410 JS does not have BT, does not have even AUX input, but still it's one of the best amps, and it's loved by many of guitar players.

answered 25 Oct 2020 at 05:37 PM

Jacek Klimkiewicz (234)
Maybe you are happy in the UK. And yes the second hand market is full of the code amps in the US. - Kenneth Blizzard 01 Nov 2020 at 11:50 PM

vote

@Jacek, you're so right, absolutely👍🏻 ... I couldn't agree more. I also am totally satisfied with both(!) of my Code50s. Sure, I had some issues in the beginning, too🤷🏻‍♂️ ... mostly with BT, but "searching" and "reading" and "thinking" and "understanding" and maybe a little "experimenting"🧐 helped all the time🤩. This amp is great and I wouldn't give it away. 😍

... and @Kenneth: I'm not really sure whether this kind of "unfriendly" wording really helps😇. Most of the time the problem is not the amp itself but it's two feet in front of it 😉 ... at least concerning most of the posts here. 

answered 26 Oct 2020 at 03:54 PM

Mark Lüttger (32)

vote

So you are are telling that if tomorrow marshall will do an upgrade incresing the number of efx or amps or will improve the algoritm of the emulation you will be unhappy? It is correct?

answered 01 Nov 2020 at 09:31 PM

Raimondo Dalmotto (9)
No that is not what I am saying at all. Most competitors support there products with continuous updates and tweaks it has been we'll over a year since we have had update for the code amps. And there are some problems that need to be fixed. - Kenneth Blizzard 01 Nov 2020 at 11:56 PM

votes

It was not referred to you but to that peole answering you that it's all ok

answered 02 Nov 2020 at 12:38 PM

Raimondo Dalmotto (9)
No, Raimondo. I will NOT be unhappy. Any improvement is always welcome, but it doesn't mean that it is necessary. I'm quite happy with this amp as it is. Neither of my other amp has BT or USB, but still they are great amps.
Kenneth sees "some problems that need to be fixed", sorry, but I can't see any of them. As far as I know BT connection problems are in most cases caused by phone, tablet or user, as Mark said. Kenneth is obviously too lazy to find a solution himself. To be honest - he is so lazy, that he didn't even check what country I'm from... :-)
- Jacek Klimkiewicz 02 Nov 2020 at 06:40 PM

votes

Jacek. I am far from Lazy.  And I did check your country of origin. It states the United Kingdom. If that is not correct. Maybe you are too lazy to correct it. I thought this forum was for productive responsive answers. And not to tear people down.  And like I was taught if don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all. Also, it's better to appear stupid than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.  So I am asking for you to just leave me alone. Also, Mark never said I was Lazy.  Maybe that was your incompetent interpretation. 

answered 02 Nov 2020 at 08:54 PM

Kenneth Blizzard (2)
Yes, Kenneth, you are right. Something must went wrong, I'm pretty sure I wrote my country properly when I registered on this forum. I've just corrected it, I'm sorry for this "lazy".
But I still think that CODE amps are very good, and does not need any support.
- Jacek Klimkiewicz 02 Nov 2020 at 09:33 PM
I agree with Kenneth a little bit, the app needs a serious rehash. But overall I am vey happy with my CODE 50 - Harrison Daines 04 Nov 2020 at 07:37 PM

votes

edited 01 Dec 2020 at 07:50 PM

Sebastián Mancipe (9)

answered 01 Dec 2020 at 07:49 PM

Sebastián Mancipe (9)

votes

I'm sorry but no, you won't get anything. All my communication with Marshall support regarding CODE 50 issues ended with them telling that everything works as it's supposed to. Even when issues are glaring. And that's 3rd one, I had to return previous two CODEs as they were unusable from the start. So, don't expect much. They'll probably release CODE II or something at some point with some fixes but you'll have to buy it to get any. 

edited 06 Dec 2020 at 06:11 AM

Eduard Dudar

answered 06 Dec 2020 at 06:09 AM

Eduard Dudar
Loading - please wait...