Connecting CODE 25 to Windows 10 issues

votes

Hi all,

Happy New Year! 

I have recently switched from a MacBook to a Windows 10 desktop and had previously recorded via USB straight into Garageband using the CODE with no issues at all. After switching to Windows 10 I can't get the CODE to connect though, it wont recognise in Chrome to manage the presets (I just get the "CODE: Not Connected" message in the bottom left of the screen, I have tried free trial versions and free to use DAW's and none of them see the CODE as an input. I've installed the ASIO4ALL driver but still no joy, the CODE is on the 1.44 firmware.

Am I missing something or is there a setting to change other than switching the MIDI input to ASIO?

Thanks in advance,

Rob

asked 03 Jan 2021 at 11:27 AM

Rob Furminger
Answers: 1

votes

Hi Rob,

Thank you for your comments, have you tried the below link to see if this helps

https://my.marshall.com/support/faq/839/browser-midi-troubleshooting

Regards

Marshall Support

answered 03 Jan 2021 at 09:01 PM

Hi,

Thanks for the response, I have tried those guidance in the link and when I try adding chrome://flags/#use-winrt-midi-api in the URL bar, there is no option for using windows runtime MIDI API; this is using Version 87.0.4280.88 (Official Build) (64-bit). I also downloaded Opera to try a difference browser and again, I got the CODE: Not Connected message. In all honesty the browser issue isn't an issue as I can control the presets via the gateway app if needed, it's more the support for recording into a DAW that would what I'm more hoping to resolve.

It seems more of a Windows connection issue that a browser issue.

Any other ideas/suggestions would be brilliant

Thank you,
Rob
- Rob Furminger 05 Jan 2021 at 07:54 PM
Hi Rob,

Thank you for the details, I would suggest it could be something in the set up of your windows system, if the Code was working with your Mac it does not seem to a Code issue, maybe a issue with the USB drivers on the laptop, unfortunately we would be unable to help with the set up of this maybe worth getting them checked to see if they need updating or fixing.

Regards
Marshall Support
- Lee Tomlin 07 Jan 2021 at 08:56 AM
The problem here is that the firmware doesn't support ASIO. - Victor Zyrianov 27 Jan 2021 at 01:33 PM
Loading - please wait...