Marshall Origin 50C, noise (hum) and strange stain

votes

I bought a Marshall Origin 50C 7 months ago. Good sound, but too many watts to play at home, I used it in the rehearsal room maybe 4 or 5 times, but due to the pandemic the rest of the time the amp has been at home practically unused.

A few weeks ago I turned it back on for the first time in a long time and found that it makes a noise (buzzing) even without connecting the guitar cable.

I thought it could be due to humidity from the winter, so I left it on for an hour or two, hoping the heat from the valves would help dissipating the humidity and eliminate the hum.

The noise didn't go away, so I put the amp back.

When I looked back a few days ago, I found a weird stain around the power switch.

The 'stain' actually is that the shallow golden part has disappeared around the amp power switch.

I haven't had time to naturally 'scratch' the surface with my fingers when turning the amp on and off, as in total I will have used the amp maybe 15 times since I bought it.

I have never seen this in any amplifier, especially with such a short time of use and a prestigious brand such as Marshall.

Well, maybe I was unlucky and got a faulty model, because it is the third Marshall amp I have owned and the first two went well, but I wonder what happens and what I can do to fix it.

asked 09 Feb 2021 at 04:58 PM

Miguel de la Marta
Answers: 1

votes

Hi Miguel,

Thank you for getting in touch, we would recommend you contact the shop purchased as it is still under warranty with the store and they will be able to help you with this,

Regards

Marshall Support

answered 23 Feb 2021 at 09:59 AM

Loading - please wait...