Ultra gain fizzing noise on DSL5CR

vote

Hi. I'm having a problem with my DSL5CR. When plugged direct into the amp and switched to the Classic gain channel it works perfectly. However, when switched to the Ultra gain channel, the guitar is very faint and what can be heard is a weak-fuzzy sound. When I first noticed the problem, I thought it was a case of the tubes needing to warm up, as after 30 seconds the level would gradually increase, unfortunately the problem has got worse. Could it be the pre-amp tubes at fault? 

Thanks,
Steve

asked 12 Feb 2021 at 08:08 PM

Steven Fallon (1)
Hey Steve, I'm having the same issue with my DSL5CR but it's the Classic Gain channel with the issue. Ultra gain works fine. Additionally, when I turn the amp off and back on, I can hear a light popping sound. I chalked it up to the tubes needing to warm up as well, but it has also gotten worse to the point that my clean channel no longer works at all. Just curious - did you ever get a resolution from tech support? What did they determine to be the cause of the issue?
Thanks,
Mike
- Michael Dougherty 27 Jul 2021 at 11:32 PM
Answers: 1

votes

Hi Steve,

Thank you for your message, We would recommend the amp is looked at by an engineer, if you can email servicedesk@marshall.com, they will be happy to help with this and get your issue sorted.

Regards

Marshall Support

answered 23 Feb 2021 at 09:51 AM

Loading - please wait...