Amp hissing

votes

i contacted you earlier about a problem I've having with my code 25, the hissing coming from a plucked string is really bad when letting a string ring out. You replied by saying an update was coming but did not say if this would fix the issue. So can you let me know if this will sort it and when can we except the update. The issue I'm having is worse on some amp preset than others the plexi is bad and the only way to make it a little better is to turn down the gain which I don't won't to do.

Just to confirm this issue is when a string has been plucked and ringing out not just when the amp is sitting idle, I understand that high gain setting will give off so humming or hissing.

Regards. 

asked 30 Oct 2016 at 11:13 PM

Martin Blyth (27)
Answers: 5

votes

Hello Martin,

Could you please make a recording of the hissing noice and send to us at servicedesk@marshallamps.com? We have not come across this hissing noice before therefore there is not a fix for it in the update. We will need to investigate further for you.

Team Marshall

answered 31 Oct 2016 at 09:12 AM

vote

I have the same issue with my 50. It only seems to be bad on the  older Marshall models, the Plexi, Bluesbreaker, and JTM45. and yes, it goes away a bit with the gain down but why would you want to turn the gain down on a marshall? The American OD doesnt seem to have this issue. That is what ive been using lately. Would definately want to see a firmware update for this

answered 05 May 2017 at 09:06 PM

justin allen (3)

vote

Same here! Tried a reset, updated the software, tried really expensive guitars and tested other CODE 50s in other stores. No help. Same issues.

Team Marshall, let's fix this! It is  superior in most other ways. There has to be an update that will make this right.

answered 03 Jun 2018 at 03:39 AM

Michael George (2)
I'm having the same issues and I e tries factory reset, changing gate settings and gain settings - Jon (Joe) Amaral 24 Jan 2019 at 02:56 AM

votes

I'm not convinced Martin is not talking about the fizz problem on some settings - sometime it can be reduced by pulling back the gate threshold level or increasing it. There are other known issues as well that Marshall suggests are fixed as in Martins other message

https://my.marshall.com/questions/359

Marshall suggested it was being fixed here, if not then add my name to those affected as I noticed it on some settings the other day. Due to message 359 I thought it was being fixed, perhaps not after all.

edited 01 Nov 2016 at 08:38 AM

Alan Unwin (13)

answered 31 Oct 2016 at 09:00 PM

Alan Unwin (13)
A month later and still haven't got a good solution to the hissing problem, Turning up the noise gate can reduce it a little but turning it to high start to kill the sustain . Turning power amp of stops the hiss completely bit dramatically changes the sound of preset. - Martin Blyth 28 Nov 2016 at 07:46 PM

votes

Was there ever any solution to this, I'm getting it now,  

answered 13 Feb 2019 at 07:41 PM

ROBERT LAVERICK
Loading - please wait...