Marshall Code 50 High Pitch Whine (Likely because of bluetooth)

votes

Hi, so there's a high pitch whining sound coming from my amp both with and without the guitar plugged inI believe it started around when I first tried the in-built bluetooth feature and think this is the reason for my troubles. The whine starts at 10% on the master volume knob and progressively gets louder as you crank it up

When I tick the 'share audio' button on  my phone, the whining stops, and is replaced by a very managable amount of noise. 

I've already done a factory reset to try and disable bluetooth but the whine is unchanged and bluetooth is still on. I've also tried disabling all bluetooth devices nearby, shutting off my pc, taking away my phones and switching wall sockets (although I haven't tried outside my room yet).

Is there any way to disable bluetooth on the CODE 50? Or maybe I can take it apart and remove the transmitter myself.

Here's a demonstration of me turning on the amp and moving the mic closer (Master volume at 100%)

edited 26 Feb 2021 at 04:48 PM

Vilnis 373

asked 26 Feb 2021 at 04:43 PM

Vilnis 373
You said the guitar isn't plugged in, but is your cord plugged into the amp? If so, are you using an audio cable or instrument cable? There's a difference. A Audio cable will produce the hissing noise you are describing. Hope that helps. - Steven Clark 28 Feb 2021 at 02:02 PM
No, the cord is unplugged - Vilnis 373 28 Feb 2021 at 02:07 PM
Answers: 1

votes

Hi Vilnis,

Thank you for your comments, we would recommend the amp is looked at by an engineers to check it over, your amp should be able to unpair from any device, you will need to make sure you forget the connection not just unpair.

Regards

Marshall Support

answered 01 Mar 2021 at 10:42 AM

Loading - please wait...