CODE Gateway app music playback feature

votes

Problems with the Marshall Code Gateway app music playback feature noticed on a Samsung A3 (2016) smartphone running Android 5.1.1.

1) The currently loaded tune name is usually not updated on the display when switching to a new tune. I say usually, because I've seen it change on a couple of occasions. The album graphics however appear to change as expected, regardless of the tune name displayed.
2) The volume control slider on the display defaults to about 1/5, however the output seems to default to full volume. Moving the slider upwards immediately drops the volume significantly, and it does not even seem to reach back to the intial volume level with the slider in the rightmost position.
3) At least on one occasion there was some skipping in the playback of the tune and noticeable tempo changes while adjusting the output volume using the app slider. Might also have been caused by moving around in the room with the smartphone in hand.

asked 01 Nov 2016 at 03:31 PM

Jorgen Othman
My phone was earlier updated to Android version 6.0.1, which did not make any difference to the playback problems described eariler. Now I got the updated version 1.4.1 Gateway installed today, which seems to have broken the music playback feature completely. I get the music streaming through the amplifier speaker while choosing the song in the sound selector app, but when returning to the Gateway user interface the phone informs me that Gateway has crashed. There is no sound at all when trying to playback the currently selected song in Gateway. Very disappointing. - Jorgen Othman 21 Dec 2016 at 05:40 PM
Answers: 2

votes

I too have this issue of BT playback via gateway app. It has been reported so that means Marshall isn't logging all reports.

answered 07 Mar 2017 at 02:46 AM

James Graham (12)

votes

Hi Jorgen,

Thank you for your message.

We have not come across this issue before, so will pass this to our team and see if its something we can recreate and get back to you ASAP.

Regards

Team Marshall

answered 02 Nov 2016 at 08:55 AM

Same issue. When I choose a track and push OK button Gateway crashed. Two devices (smartphone and tablet) , App as well as Amp firmware are up to date. - Petr Macura 06 Feb 2017 at 08:50 AM
Same problem here - Florian Zettel 24 Mar 2019 at 12:09 PM
Loading - please wait...