1987 amplifier

votes

I am in a quandry. I have a 1987 50W (2 power tubes) reissue.  Every search I do for this comes up "1987x", and they all seem to have an F/X loop-- mine does not. The S/N is RI935245707. The front is labeled "MK II" and has 2 ch, 4 inputs and looks just like the classic Marshall we all have come to know & love..

1) Does the 'x" mean F/X loop?

2) I know that it is a re-issue and was manufactured in 1993. Is this a "plexi" reissue or a "metal face"? I am not sure if a "plexi" reissue would have an actual plexi faceplate, just the internals.

3) Since I cannot find any info on it, is this some kind of rare bird or not?

4) Can you tell me how many of this model were manufactured or do you have any idea of the value? It seems odd that I cannot find any similar w/o an F/X loop.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

asked 03 Nov 2016 at 06:28 PM

steve page
Answers: 1

votes

Hello Steve,

Regarding your questions

1- X means reissue not FX loop

2-Plexi means the back panel is plastic not the standard aluminium, your is probably the standard aluminium

3/4-The first re issues were manufactured without the FX loop, this was added at a later date, thousands of these without the fx loop were manufactured. We would need to see photos before we could give an insurance valuation these would need to be sent to jgreen@marshallamps.com

answered 07 Nov 2016 at 09:41 AM

JOANNA GREEN (643)
Thank you! - steve page 08 Nov 2016 at 09:03 PM
Loading - please wait...