Marshall Code model issues

votes

Hello

I've finally had time to sit down and play properly with my new Code 25.  There is a lot of fun to be had with this thing, however there are a few things that have became apparent with some of the models. 

Pre-amp models "50s British" and "OD DSL" have really odd low frequency harmonics. To the point where both these pre amp models are pretty much  unusable. The default patches that use these settings are proof of this. To me it appear that its these patches that certain Youtuber's concentrated on when bad mouthing the amp online (and I can understand why). All the models have some amounts of digital artifacts, but these 2 models are unbeleivably bad.

Power-amp model "British Class A" seems too hot to me, not that I have an expert ear, but it is almost impossible to get a clean tone with that power amp regardless of what pre-amp you put in front of it and how low you set the pre-amp gain.

I understand that no modelling is perfect, but in general these 3 models just don't respond the same way as the other models on the amp.

OK. I'm aware that the Code 25 is a low cost practice amp, and I am fully prepared to just pretend these models dont exist and live with the other much better models on the amp. However in the spirit of reporting issues with the potential of improving the product then if these models can be fixed in the next firmware update (if there is one) then that would be great.

Thanks

asked 11 Mar 2021 at 10:11 PM

Joliet Jake (126)
Answers: 1

votes

I would say most of the presets suck. This amp can sound very good with adjustments. Why, and who decided these presets sound good should be fired. It's the reason for all the bad reviews. 

answered 12 Mar 2021 at 12:29 PM

richard torres
That's true, I instantly deleted 80 of the default presets, and had to mess around with the remaining 20, but I doubt anyone could get a decent sound out of the "50's British" and "OD DSL" pre amps, there is just something wrong with these models, I don't care what anyone says. It would improve the amp just by removing them completely.
- Joliet Jake 12 Mar 2021 at 01:03 PM
I experience the same in CODE 50. There are a bouch of bad Presets and there are'nt feature to ordering presets that I have created.. - Paulo Crush 28 Mar 2021 at 10:42 PM
Loading - please wait...