FX loop and drop in volume when on

votes

I use the FX Loop on my JVM205C and noticed a significant volme loss when actiavting the FX loop over some of my pedals.

Guitar -> Mooer: Micro ABY Mk II (input) Mooer: Micro ABY (output) tc electronic: polytune mini Rockboard: Natural Sound Buffer Dunlop: cry baby classic MXR: super COMP MXR: M75 Super Badass Distortion Boss: Chorus Ensemble CE-5 -> Marshall   -> Marshall send -> Boss FV-30L volume MXR: carbon copy analog delay Boss: Loop Station RC-3 -> Marshall return

Any hint how to avoid this?

asked 06 Nov 2016 at 09:11 AM

Emmanuel de Haller (1)
Answers: 3

vote

Hello Emmanual,

Regarding your question please  e-mail jgreen@marshallamps.com and she will be able to offer advice on your question. 

answered 09 Nov 2016 at 09:05 AM

JOANNA GREEN (643)
I sent an e-mail, still waiting for the feed-back, thanks. - Emmanuel de Haller 10 Dec 2016 at 10:40 AM

votes

I have the same problem with the JVM210C when i activate the FX loop. There is a significant amount of volume loss, and the sound becomes far too muddy. I only use a delay (Carbon Copy or CGN ) and a flanger or phaser in the loop.

edited 16 Jan 2017 at 05:26 AM

David Dura

answered 16 Jan 2017 at 05:25 AM

David Dura
at all volumes? I have the impression this is noticeable mostly at low volume.
I do not observe the muddy tone, have you tried a buffer at the start of the chain, it cleared quite a lot for me (I have also a small 1W JVM and both have now a clear tone)
- Emmanuel de Haller 29 Jan 2017 at 09:28 AM
by the way, with the cleanest clean, at low volume it ratters, I have to increase the volume to get clear tone. As from 9 o'clock, things start to get really nice... - Emmanuel de Haller 29 Jan 2017 at 08:34 PM

votes

still waiting, wrote to contactus@marshallamps.com in between.

Beside this small burden, the amp is simply gigantic, love it in every single corner.

answered 29 Jan 2017 at 09:26 AM

Emmanuel de Haller (1)
Loading - please wait...