Garageband and code 25

votes

I am using Garageband 11 on a macbook 10.7.5. Garageband shows code as audio in and out but no sound goes in or out of Garageband. I also have Audacity with the same problem? I have updated firmware with Windows only? app.

asked 10 Nov 2016 at 11:26 AM

Leigh Alexander
Answers: 3

votes

Hi Leigh,

Was garageband or Audacity working for you before or is this the first time you have tried?  were there any issues prior to you updating the firmware?

Team Marshall

answered 10 Nov 2016 at 11:39 AM

Afraid to say that both work perfectly well with my boss ME25! I only got the Code 25 yesterday and did the firmware update before i tried to record. The amp is shown in the sound preferences and both programmes try to use amp but there is no sound either way. Can I rollback the firmware? - Leigh Alexander 10 Nov 2016 at 02:06 PM

votes

Afraid to say that both work perfectly well with my boss ME25! I only got the Code 25 yesterday and did the firmware update before i tried to record. The amp is shown in the sound preferences and both programmes try to use amp but there is no sound either way. Can I rollback the firmware? – Leigh Alexander 11/10/2016 2:06 PM

answered 11 Nov 2016 at 12:13 AM

Leigh Alexander
are you able to assign CODE as your default audio interface via 'systems settings' in OSX/MacOS and then playback something from iTunes or a YouTube video to ensure that basic audio playback works with the CODE unit? - Marshall Amplification 11 Nov 2016 at 02:17 PM
Code is showing in sound preferences but no sound from code itunes etc. interestingly if you switch the code off the sound reverts to built in audio and if you turn code back built in audio cuts out and there is silence. Can I rollback firmware? - Leigh Alexander 11 Nov 2016 at 03:57 PM
OK, so the CODE is being recognised as a USB audio device. Are you able to send us a screenshot of your 'about this mac' (click apple logo top left and select 'about this mac' from the menu) please send to servicedesk@marshallamps.com
Thanks
- Marshall Amplification 14 Nov 2016 at 09:57 AM
emailed screenshot as requested with the title garageband and code 25 - Leigh Alexander 14 Nov 2016 at 11:55 AM
I have now connected the amp to my iMac 10.10 and everything works fine so what is it with the macbook 10.7.5 and the amp. I have midi monitor on macbook and midi is being sent to the amp but no sound is heard. - Leigh Alexander 16 Nov 2016 at 09:32 AM
And I have tried ableton live 9 and the code doesnt work with it but the boss me25 does? - Leigh Alexander 16 Nov 2016 at 08:14 PM

votes

You can either go into the preferences and set input to Code and output to Built in output, or you can set both to code and turn up your amplifier master volume and the sound will come out of the amp speakers but is still being picked up by the software.

answered 24 Jun 2021 at 03:39 PM

Ryan Salge
Loading - please wait...