AS100D AUX Input - low volume

votes

Hello all,

I am finding that if I feed an MP3 player or a BeatBuddy drum pedal into the phono inputs of the AUX channel that the level dial of the AUX (channel 4) has to be cranked all the way up in order to achieve an output volume comparable to any of the other channels 1, 2 and 3.

Is this normal? If so, is there a reason why the AUX channel level is low?

Many Thanks,

Gareth

asked 12 Nov 2016 at 02:27 PM

Gareth Boswell
Answers: 1

votes

Hello Gareth,

The unit you are connecting to the AUX of the AS100 does not have a large output but running the controls of the amplifier near maxium will not have an affect on the amplfiier as long as it give you the output you require. 

answered 14 Nov 2016 at 08:37 AM

JOANNA GREEN (643)
Hello, Are you confirming that it is normal then? I.e. that the AUX input is a very low volume input? I have connected two different units to the AUX input, a) an MP3 player and b) a bBeatBuddy drum pedal. The volume of the Beat Buddy drum pedal is adequate if I feed it into the any of the other inputs (Channels 1, 2 or EXT FX loop). When I feed it into the AUX Inputs however I have to crank the BeatBuddy and the AUX input volume dials way up to achieve an adequate volume. Thanks, Gareth - Gareth Boswell 14 Nov 2016 at 01:18 PM
The input level of the AUX channel is designed to be used with a MP3, CD or computer output, most of these units will have a level control allowing you to match the level of the amplifier with the output of the device. This would suggest that the beat buddy output is low compared to other devices. - JOANNA GREEN 15 Nov 2016 at 08:29 AM
The BeatBuddy output volume is more than adequate to overpower the input signals/levels of channels 1, 2 and 3 when it is attached to the unit "In Line" (see BeatBuddy manual to understand what is meant by that). I have tested the AUX (channel 4) with an Apple Shuffle (MP3 player), which first alerted me to the possibility of the AUX channel being of low input gain/volume. The BeatBuddy appears to have confirmed the MP3 player outcome as its level also has to be cranked up to 100% when feeding it into the AUX channel, whereas the volume of the other instruments is matched at a level only 35% by means of the "In Line" connection. This suggests to me that there is a fault with this particular AUX channel, as you have said that it should be of high enough volume to achieve an output comparable to that of channels 1, 2 and 3. - Gareth Boswell 15 Nov 2016 at 07:32 PM
The AUX channel is designed to run with an input signal of around 500mv this is so the AUX won`t overload and cause unwanted distortion. Having the controls at maximum should not cause any damage. Regarding the other three channels these have an input sensitivity of a few mV to match either guitar or microphone. - JOANNA GREEN 17 Nov 2016 at 08:55 AM
Loading - please wait...