Cannot connect CODE firmware updater

votes

I can download and run the firmware updater on my Win 10 laptop - it then asks me to connect my CODE 25 amp. I connect the amp using a USB cable - then I see the message "An error occurred: An error occurred getting the device information from your CODE. Please try switching your amp off, and then switching it back on again."

I switch it off and on - no good. Same problem. I connect the CODE amp before running the firmware utility - same result. So I don't even know what firmware is currently in there. Is this solvable? BTW - the USB cable works, as my Marshall CODE Live Editor has connected to the amp using it.

Thx

asked 08 Dec 2016 at 01:35 PM

Gavin Wright
Answers: 1

vote

Hi Gavin,

Do you have any other software that is uses Midi on your PC? If so, can you please make sure that nothing that uses Midi is running while attempting to connect to the CODE?

answered 08 Dec 2016 at 03:15 PM

I can confidently say I have *never* used MIDI on this PC! Last time I used MIDI was with an Atari.... I'm getting back into music after a long lay-off :-)
The only things I have running are Exel, Photoshop and a couple of browsers...oh and Dreamweaver web software.
There's one other thing that springs to mind, though - I was surprised to hear sound coming from my CODE when I fired up a YouTube vid - the soundtrack was going out the USB cable into my amp - didn't expect that... Could this be affecting it? Surely not....
- Gavin Wright 08 Dec 2016 at 04:59 PM
Well blow me down - that *was* the problem! I closed my browsers and the CODE connected OK, I checked for updates and I installed the 1st Nov firmware update. Everything now seems fine.....Thx! - Gavin Wright 08 Dec 2016 at 05:08 PM
Great to hear its working for you now! :-) - Marshall Amplification 09 Dec 2016 at 08:56 AM
Loading - please wait...