Tube replacement


I have a 70's JCM 50 W lead I want to replace the tubes - 2 x 6550 and 3 x 12 ax7 ecc83, original GE tubes are in the amp. I am told I need to repalce the power tubes due to the 3 amp fuse keeps blowing. 

asked 13 Dec 2016 at 10:42 PM

Michael Litteral
Answers: 1


Hello Michael,

The pre amp valves can be replaced as neccassary there is no setting up required, replacing the power valves the amplifier will need to be biased to match the amplifier. We recommend that this work is carried out by a qualified engineer.

answered 14 Dec 2016 at 09:35 AM

Loading - please wait...