headphone/line out jack

votes

hi, i just got a code 50 and i need it to record with. i want to use the headphone as a line out into my interface (roland quad-capture). my question is should i use a UNbalanced jack into the interface or can i use the balanced (stereo).

because right now using a 1/8" jack out of the amp and a 1/8 to 1/4" adaptor sounds really bad out of the monitors. can someone please help me with this.

thanks

asked 17 Dec 2016 at 12:54 AM

joey pinter-bilek (1)
Answers: 5

votes

Hi Joey,

Thank you for your message.

For best results with Code, you are better to use the USB for recording as thats what the amp was designed for, also might be worth trying a mic recording.

Kind Regards

Team Marshall

answered 19 Dec 2016 at 09:44 AM

votes

thanks for getting back to me. I 've tried that. i use sonar platinum and i can't get sonar to "see" the amp. what am i doing wrong?

also, if i get an answer here, is there a setting i can use to alert me via email?

thanks again

jp

answered 25 Dec 2016 at 11:06 PM

joey pinter-bilek (1)

votes

Hi Joey,

Might be worth checking the input setting on your computer, if thats ok, it might be worth contacting Sonar as its there software, but make sure you're selecting it as a USB input.

I will pass the idea of an email alert to our team.

Kind Regards

Team Marshall

edited 04 Jan 2017 at 04:57 PM

answered 04 Jan 2017 at 04:40 PM

votes

If your using Windows, some professional apps don't recognize the CODE because they expect to see Low Latency ASIO streaming drivers like a regular USB interface would have. The CODE doesn't have ASIO support in the drivers. I'm not familiar with your particular software so I can't confirm that is the problem.

You might be able to get around it with ASIO4ALL drivers which wrap ASIO and let you channel other input devices like the CODE that way. I have had some luck doing that.

answered 07 Feb 2017 at 04:28 AM

Adrian Tysoe (5)

votes

I found at GC a cable 1/8 stereo to two 1/4" which works very well. It could be a cheap adapter as I have one that is solid and one that is intermittent.

answered 07 Mar 2017 at 02:38 AM

James Graham (12)
Loading - please wait...