CODE 50 Bluetooth Range 3ft at best

votes

Hi I have purchased a new CODE 50.  I have the latest firmware update but I'm finding the bluetooth is not consistent.  I have it running on the gateway app and then if I move the phone more the 3 feet from the amp the connection is lost.  The same happens if I play spotify through it the range is about the same.  Can this be imporved or do I have a duff model.  My phone is an iphone 5.

asked 21 Dec 2016 at 12:21 PM

Nigel Grimshire (2)
Answers: 7

votes

Hi Nigel,

Bluetooth can be unreliable at times which is something that the app is unable to control. When using the app it is best to ensure the distance between your device and the amp is as clear as possible (e.g no other electronics in the way)

Team Marshall

answered 04 Jan 2017 at 11:03 AM

votes

Hi Nigel,

Could you try updating the Firmware on your amp and the new Gateway App using the link below.

https://my.marshall.com/Downloads/Gateway

Regards

Team Marshall

answered 22 Dec 2016 at 09:21 AM

Done this and its still not much better. maybe 6ft with interference. What should the expectation be in terms of range? - Nigel Grimshire 28 Dec 2016 at 07:26 AM

votes

I have the same issue on my CODE 50. The firmware is up to date, both on the amp and phone (Samsung Galaxy Note 4). Really disappointing :/

edited 13 Jan 2017 at 05:32 PM

Rafał Duda

answered 13 Jan 2017 at 05:30 PM

Rafał Duda

votes

It is obviously a bad BT antenna design. Thing to do would ask Marshall to Identify where it is a let users add a length of wire out where it can radiate properly.  

Recall the whole lot and refit. That is what I would do... 

answered 07 Mar 2017 at 02:31 AM

James Graham (12)

votes

Hi All!

it’s 2018, any news about how to improve the Bluetooth range on code 50 ? 

answered 02 Apr 2018 at 11:19 AM

Alex Freeman

votes

Hi Alex,

Our team are working on a new Firmware update, which will include an update to the Bluetooth, there is not a time frame on this, but the update will be available on My Marshall.

Marshall Support

answered 02 Apr 2018 at 03:38 PM

votes

I'm having the same problem at the end of 2018, is there any solution already? My firmware is updated and my app to.

answered 23 Dec 2018 at 05:20 PM

Lucas Oliveira
Loading - please wait...