Code Bluetooth headphones

votes

Does anyone know if you can connect Bluetooth headphones before I go buy a pair 

asked 30 Dec 2016 at 08:57 AM

sid Featherstone
Answers: 2

votes

Hi Sid,

At this time No there is not a way of connecting Bluetooth Headphones to the Code.

Kind Regards

Team Marshall

answered 04 Jan 2017 at 09:43 AM

votes

You can use bluetooth headphones by using a bluetooth transmitter pluggd into the headphone jack on the amp. I have tested this with a standard bluetooth audio jack transmitter (about £12-£30 online). However the latency with the cheaper transmitters is not useable, it's about 05 seconds. However there is a new type of transmitter with a technology called Aptx, this has a standard latency of <100ms and with can be as low as <35ms if the transmitter and receiver use Aptx.

I will hopefully be getting Aptx headphones and a transmitter shortly. I will update here when I do, or if anyone else is trying this I'd be very interested to hear about results and devices used.

Cheers
Jools

answered 14 Aug 2017 at 07:44 AM

Jools Turrall (2)
So if anyone's reading this and waiting to find out if there's a bluetooth solution for headphones. Bad news is there pretty much isn't, further research shows that even the <35ms of Aptx bluetooth is still really noticable, in fact looking into RF based wireless headphones shows that these have <20ms latency and this creates a noticable delay. Of course the level of 'noticable' will differ from person to person, and what is considered acceptable is also a matter of taste... and hearing. However unless you spend out on studio wireless rig, the only way to properly get regularly down below 16ms is with wires! - Jools Turrall 16 Aug 2017 at 10:10 PM
Loading - please wait...