JVM - changing MIDI-Channel impossible?

votes

Hi all!

I want to change the MIDI-Channel from Channel #1 to Channel #16 on my JVM 215c.

Like in the manual described, I switched off the JVM, pressed and hold the MIDI-programm-switch and switched on the JVM. But when I release the MIDI-programm-switch, the LED did not start to flash and the amplifier did not detect any MIDI-message. From now on the amplifier detected no MIDI-message. Also not the MIDI-program-change-commands on Channel #1!

I had to do a factory reset and (of course) all MIDI-Presets were erased and the amplifier works again on MIDI-channel #1!

Do you know, which mistake I made?
Is there any other reset to do?
Is there any chance to solve this problem?

Thank you very much for your help!

Best wishes
Roland

asked 06 Jan 2017 at 03:27 PM

Roland Kost
Answers: 2

votes

Hello,

Regarding your question, if you followed the instructions on page 7 of the manual and it didn`t work, it may suggest that you have a probelm with the midi circuit and we would recommend that you have it looked at by a qualified engineer. 

answered 09 Jan 2017 at 11:20 AM

JOANNA GREEN (643)
Oh, that is not, what I wanted to read. ;-)
Nevertheless, thank you!

- Roland Kost 09 Jan 2017 at 02:52 PM

votes

There are some news!

I've found the mistake! - It was me! ;-)

I used a Roland FC-300 to send the MIDI-messages. But the FC-300 is sending alway some messages (active sensing, sysex or MIDI clock?). So the JVM could not wait for the right MIDI-message to detect the MIDI-channel.

Now I took another MIDI-controller to send the MIDI-message on channel #16 and the JVM detected the MIDI-message correct and everything ist ok!!!

I can use the Roland FC-300 now to switch the amp-channels and the other switches but not to change the MIDI-channel!

It is really important, that the MIDI-Controller is not sending any other MIDI-message (active sensing, sysex or something like this)  while you want to change the MIDI-channel! Later it doesn't matter if there are some other MIDI-messages.

Maybe some other JVM-user need this information, when they try to use the JVM-MIDI-Interface.

Best wishes

Roland

answered 09 Jan 2017 at 04:24 PM

Roland Kost
Loading - please wait...