Marshall Code 50 not connecting via Gateway iPhone 6

votes

Hello Marshall. My Code 50 was connecting the other day and tonight I could not get it to connect. I am getting a message similar to this: Can only control an amp you are connected to. Something similar to this. Like my phone is connected to another Marshall Code. I only have one Code amp. My phone is connected to the amp in my bluethooth settings and I see the amp in the Gateway app. I have tried to forget the device and then find it again. Turning the app off and restarting it. Even uninstalling the app and reinstalling it. Still getting the same error message. Advice? Thanks.

-Brandon 

asked 09 Jan 2017 at 04:52 AM

Brandon Lopez
Hi Brandon,
Are you able to screenshot the error message and email it to servicedesk@marshallamps.com so we can further investigate?
Team Marshall
- Marshall Amplification 09 Jan 2017 at 09:47 AM
Thanks for the response. I went back out to reconnect and I kept being told the amp was out of range or to be sure it was turned on. After unpairing the device and pairing it again I was able to connect and everything is normal. Not sure what to say. I wish I could have gotten the error message word for word for y'all. - Brandon Lopez 10 Jan 2017 at 06:08 AM
I have a screen shot now and will email it to you at the above address. For anyone looking at this the error I am getting is- CONNECTION REJECTED- You may only control amps you are already connected to for audio output. When getting this error, I am already shown to be connected to my amp in my Bluetooth settings but cannot connect via Gateway. - Brandon Lopez 14 Jan 2017 at 06:49 AM
Answers: 5

votes

I was having all sorts of connection issues with my iPhone and iPad including times they wouldn't connect, times I got the "can only control an amp you are connected to" message. It was a total frustration but I think I've worked it out now: CODE only remembers one Bluetooth pairing at a time!

If I forgot the device from my iPhone's Bluetooth settings, pressed the Bluetooth buttons on CODE and re-paired I could then find it from Gateway and connect OK.

All worked fine until I tried to use my iPad. I turned on the amp and the light went blue, tried to connect from iPad Gateway and got the "can only control an amp you are connected to". Then I realised that CODE had connected to my iPhone. iPhone Gateway connected fine. I had to do all the forgetting and re-pairing to make my iPad Gateway work. But that broke the iPhone Gateway!

So if you are switching between different Gateways beware. I stick to the phone now and it has mostly been fine.

answered 18 Jan 2017 at 11:34 PM

Fretbuzz Lightyear (53)

vote

Hi Brandon,

Thank you for your message, we have not come across this before, have you tried a restore on the amp, by holding down AMP and turning the amp on then holding to store to confirm the restore.

Please let us know if this works, and in the mean time we will look into this further.

Regards

Team Marshall

answered 09 Jan 2017 at 09:48 AM

Thanks Please see my response above. I did not do your reset. I will send the error code word for word next time I get it. This was not the first time this happened just the first time I couldnt resolve it myself. - Brandon Lopez 10 Jan 2017 at 06:09 AM
The actual error is - CONNECTION REJECTED- You may only control amps you are already connected to for audio output. - Brandon Lopez 14 Jan 2017 at 06:50 AM

vote

Hi, I have the same problem with my code 25 and iPhone 6. The only way I can get it to work is by going into my iPhone Bluetooth setting on the code amp that is displayed there click on the ( blue letter i) for information and selecting forget this device and then pairing all over agian. I now have to do this every time I want to connect to my code which is a real pain. 

Hope this helps. 

answered 11 Jan 2017 at 04:56 PM

Martin Blyth (27)
In a few different instances that has solved my problem as well. Forgetting the device and then making it discoverable and reconnecting again. I have added some content above since I was able to replicate the problem. I resolved my issue by doing just what you said above. But the first time I got this error message, nothing helped. Lets see if Marshall has an answer. They have been very responsive in all posts that I have read.
- Brandon Lopez 14 Jan 2017 at 06:52 AM
I get the same error. Is there any solution? - yuri galindo 21 Feb 2018 at 03:14 AM

votes

Hi All,

Thank you all for comments and feedback, we are working on a Bluetooth update for customers having issues with the Bluetooth.

Marshall Support

answered 21 Feb 2018 at 09:27 AM

votes

Got same thing on code 50

answered 11 Oct 2019 at 05:51 PM

Igor Magerin
Loading - please wait...