Bypass Presets?

votes

I just got my Code 25, and for the life of me I can't find, (going through the presets, or in the manual), how I bypass all the presets and just use it as a clean amp. I just want to plug in a guitar, (classicl in this case), and just amp the Vol - maybe with some tone control. Advice please? I must be missing something obvious, but I'm old, so...

asked 12 Jan 2017 at 12:32 AM

Steve Noyes (3)
What I've found is that the EQ knobs do not work when the effects are deactivated. Kind of a bummer if you ask me. I was anxious to hear the raw sound of the amp myself, but with no bass, mid, or treble to tweak it's way too bassy. - Joe Phinney 26 Jan 2017 at 04:40 PM
Answers: 3

votes

It's pretty simple. Just press the 7 buttons along the back starting from the left until all the red leds go out. Then your just amplifying the naked sound of your guitar with no colouring added to the tone. 

If you turn on Amp there is also a No Effect type amp you can select. Hold down the amp button and the LCD will change to show you the current amp, rotate the preset button until you get the No effect amp. 

The 7 buttons across the back turn on and off sections of the effect chain. So you can quickly toggle them on and off. 

answered 12 Jan 2017 at 01:33 AM

Adrian Tysoe (5)
I can work with that. Guess I'll find a Preset I'm not crazy about and do a little adjusting... ;-)
Thanks
- Steve Noyes 12 Jan 2017 at 06:28 PM

votes

I've been wondering the same thing. I'm new to playing and just picked up the CODE 50. I love the presets but would like to bypass them and utilize the amp just like a plain amp. Can't figure out how to do this though. I do love this amp however!!

answered 17 Mar 2018 at 10:23 PM

dwaine brosemer (1)
Hi Dwaine,

The Code is a modelling amp, based on Marshall Pre Amps and Power amps, you cannot bypass the presets for a Plain amp.
Marshall Support
- Lee Tomlin 19 Mar 2018 at 02:28 PM
Hi Marshall,
Yes you can bypass the presets. all you do is
1. turn off all the effects (any button with a light on except "Exit/Store" press the button and shut the light off)
2. next theres a setting for a No Effect amp. you set it to that.
3. then make sure all the lights are still off. hit and hold the "Exit/Store" button until the screen says Stored
4. Last Use the App or the amp to edit the name of your new stored setting and just name it "Clean Amp" or something and youll be playing on the Code with no effects just straight sound you can adjust the bass, treble etc, to your liking and and Again Hold the "Exit/Store" button .
This can be useful to someone who wants to use there Own pedals
I Have a GNX4 Workstation and it has a built in Smart Drum machine, a 24 track built in recording system (with pan and everything) a 4GB Memory card wah wah just everything
So when Im home I use my GNX 4 when I take the Amp somewhere to jam I Use the Amps modeling.
One thing i was wondering when i jam this thing up the vibrations on the cabinet (Code 50) are so massive (anything on the amp vibrates right off even a Galaxy s9 +)
How will this not hurt the electronics over time?
Is there anyone whos had one of these For a long time? maybe 2 or 3 years? Just curious
- Robert L 13 May 2018 at 10:44 AM

votes

Hi...I think you need to switch your ES5 to a gate/control mode.. not a toggle mode. The H9 almost always just wants a positive cc value to activate a function.IIRC, It sees a, like, 63-127 as engaging the switch, and 0-63 as releasing. This is especially key to preserve if you want the performance switch function to work correctly. Sending 127 with one press and 0 with the next is suboptimal.

order pcb

edited 16 Jan 2020 at 08:23 PM

Peri Rigos

answered 20 Dec 2019 at 06:09 PM

Peri Rigos
Loading - please wait...