How to achieve a blues tone

votes

I'm finding it difficult to achieve a good blues tone from my code 25, if anybody has surgestions for amp settings it would be appreciated. I'm using the amp with  Les Paul.

cheers. 

asked 21 Jan 2017 at 02:24 PM

Martin Blyth (27)
Answers: 1

votes

It all depends on what you consider to be a good blues tone! I suggest to use the factory presets like for example #15 "70's Blues" or one of the other blues settings available and disable the effects like Whah or reverb to get the basic sound of that setting. Experiment a bit with gain and tone, or even different cabinets to get the sound you like to have. If you are satisfied you can ad effects to your liking and save the setting. If its not what you are looking for try an other blues preset and do the same. Even rock settings can be used, but you need to adjust the distortion  or disable it completely. A Blues sound is in my opinion a fairly clean sound with a bit of overdrive. If you use a Les Paul try to use the neck pickup or both pickups, because the bridge pickup is mostly a bit "Too hot" and distorts the sound more than you need or want.

Good luck!

answered 29 Jan 2017 at 09:39 AM

Schmirak 10 (12)
I found the JTM 45 and vintage 30 pretty good as a starting point, or the Clean American and American Class A/B. - Adrian Tysoe 07 Feb 2017 at 04:21 AM
I'm looking for a blues preset for my Code 25. Getting a BB King sound would be great like the one in "The Thrill is gone" would be great. Any idea how I could achieve this?
Anyway your comments are a very good starting point, thanks.
Phil
- Philippe Roth 08 Jun 2020 at 03:57 PM
Loading - please wait...