Amp model no. 2195 100 W Lead & Bass

votes

I have recently been given the above amp and before I connect it to a speaker and switch it on I am concerned to know the correct protocol for connecting a speaker cabinet(s).  The speaker output sockets have no information directly next to them but a label elsewhere on the rear of the amp states "WARNING. Not to be used with speaker cabinets of less than 4 ohms"

My queries are:-

1. Is it safe (i.e. without risk of damage to the amp) to use just one speaker output as long as it is connected to a speaker cabinet of 4 ohms minimum impedance and appropriate wattage?

2. When using both speaker outputs can they both be connected to cabinets each of 4 ohms minimum impedance or are the outputs paralleled in which case would I need to work with two cabinets each of 8 ohms to arrive at a 4 ohms minimum impedance in total?

Apologies if the answer to this seems obvious but I have a little knowledge of these matters and while a little knowledge can be 'a dangerous thing' it can also lead you to be concerned (possibly unnecessarily) about getting things right!

Thanks in anticipation

asked 26 Jan 2017 at 09:41 PM

David Matthews
Answers: 1

votes

The two speaker sockets are in parelle so the overall minium impedance for the two sockets is 4ohms. 

This means you can use 1 x 4 ohms cabinet in one of the two sockets or 2 x 8 ohms speakers one in each speaker socket. 

answered 30 Jan 2017 at 09:41 AM

JOANNA GREEN (643)
Many thanks for this clarification - it is greatly appreciated. - David Matthews 02 Feb 2017 at 10:55 PM
Loading - please wait...