Has anyone purchased a CODE 50 brand new without any issues?

votes

I bought a Code 50, brand new out the box. Runs perfect! No firmware upates have been applied. It plays great, sounds great, and does everything as advertised. Am i the only one that got a Code 50 thats not having issues. I also have a Boss Katana 100 2x12, and I think the Code 50 sounds way way better to my ears.

edited 03 Feb 2017 at 03:30 PM

Ruben Trevino (3)

asked 03 Feb 2017 at 03:29 PM

Ruben Trevino (3)
No doubt when you update the firmware everything will stop working lol
Seriously, lucky you, wish mine would work! ;-)
- steven Mckay 03 Feb 2017 at 04:42 PM
No problems here...running last fw... Code 50, iPhone 7 Plus, Asus Zenpad and many other Android devices
Simply perfect out of the box :)
- Ferfy Ferfy 19 Feb 2017 at 03:56 PM
Plenty of problems with mine - Ken Gibson 22 May 2017 at 05:11 AM
ZERO issues with mine. I heard people griping about the cabinet modeling, and telling you to run straight without it, but I find that ridiculous. I also did the firware update right out of the box and have had no problems at all. Been using it for gigs and home studio now for 3 months with no issues whatsoever. Very happy with it. - Richard Stackon 02 Jan 2024 at 09:58 PM
Answers: 5

votes

Pretty happy with mine! 

answered 03 Feb 2017 at 06:28 PM

Mike Bull (20)
No problem here. Code 50, iPhone 7 - Petr Jandík 05 Feb 2017 at 09:56 AM

vote

Mines worked fine. Got it a week after launch. There are definately things that can be improved like ASIO support in the windows drivers. And I'd have happily paid a little extra for a more expensive speaker. Great value for money and sounds decent enough.

answered 07 Feb 2017 at 04:12 AM

Adrian Tysoe (5)

vote

Received mine today (2/09/17). Bluetooth works just fine, demoed a dozen or so of the presets and everything seems fine. Absolutely love this amp and it's ability to provide so many different tones. Will enjoy this for a long time to come.

Have to take back the previous glowing report. Having issues with Bluetooth not connecting with either my iPad or my iPhone. Bit of a pain.

edited 17 Feb 2017 at 09:45 PM

clark jarvis (3)

answered 09 Feb 2017 at 06:05 PM

clark jarvis (3)

vote

No problem here with the amp.  Sounds great, running the latest firmware, and no issues with pairing it.  The only problem I have is with the Gateway app and music playback... but I'm sure that will be fixed in an update.

answered 11 Feb 2017 at 03:51 AM

Jesse Larson (1)

vote

The amp sounds amazing I have had a few issues with the sound but I played with the volume dials and it works like a dream. I have tested the other modelling amps on the market and the code beats them all hands down in terms of sound and features. Was contemplating buying a fender mustang until I tried to use it, what a nightmare no screen. Only two channels to use when you play with the pedal. Who designs an amp that models great quite a few great sounding amps, charges you extra for a pedal and only allows you to use two channels!!! That's something to moan about!! I owned a spider amp years ago and that was ok but nothing compared to the code. I have read some many bad posts, comments and articles all slating the code but imho for £250 you get a lot of amp. I think some people are snobs and have to have the best equipment spend shed loads of money on guitars, amps and pedals! I bought a cheap les Paul which cost me £108 brand new made of basswood!!! Yes basswood not mahogany upgraded the stock pup magnets to Alnico 2 magnets, yes the magnets not the whole pick up which cost £7 and use the jcm800 setting and it sounds much like the Lord of the top hats. So for £365 I have the best sounding set up I have ever owned and I have owned quite a few amps including a silver jubilee as well as epiphones with SD a2 pro pups in. Yes it's a cheap amp yes it's a cheap no named brand guitar and yes it sounds so good. 

answered 14 Feb 2017 at 06:48 PM

Slippin’ Jimmy Grimwade (1)
I forgot to say THANK YOU Marshall!!!! - Slippin’ Jimmy Grimwade 14 Feb 2017 at 06:49 PM
Loading - please wait...