Bluetooth Connection FAIL !!

votes

When will there be a firmwear upgrade to correct the bluetooth connection problems ? I have followed all the instructions on the forum and still only occasionaly manage to get a connection before it disconnects or freezes at rehearsals which is very frustrating to say the least.

Using an Iphone 6s and the latest firmwear version with Code 25

Come on Marshall this is becoming a big issue 

asked 11 Feb 2017 at 01:24 PM

PETER CARR (2)
I totaly and 100% agree .. Iphone6 and CODE is obviously "NO GO".. After 2 months from purchase date, and many failed tries and conditionally "GO`s"is today with this "unlucky"combination complete "black out". Im thinking of Change to another , and more user friendly product and support on the market.

Regards.. to all.
- Mini Jama 11 Feb 2017 at 04:32 PM
Totally agree, this problem is getting old. - clark jarvis 18 Feb 2017 at 10:41 PM
Answers: 3

vote

Hi Peter,

We have tested the Gateway app with a number of iPhone 6's and not come across any issue, always had a good connection.

Please have a look at this and see if this helps http://www.ikream.com/2016/06/fix-apple-iphone-6-plus-apps-freezing-randomly-crashing-ios-9-3-update-potential-solutions-24178

Kind Regards

Team Marshall

answered 13 Feb 2017 at 09:03 AM

There is a problem! It drops blue-tooth connection whenever it feels like it (constantly), and sometimes while re-initiating the connection, will hold in the "connecting" phase forever, never connecting. Is there software available to use with my PC? I don't mind having the USB connection so I don't have to trust the blue-tooth. Very frustrating. - Dan Whitfield 17 Feb 2017 at 02:43 PM
Yes, there is a problem with the bluetooth connection after the latest firmware. The phone and the amp connect and the Gateway app detects the amp but it wont connect from inside the app. I have tried everything without any luck (re-pairing, delete app data, reinstall the app....). I use an android device. Before the update it worked like a charm, but not anymore. Please fix this!! - Erik Björn 17 Feb 2017 at 05:45 PM
Hi... all ,

I agree 100% with Dan and Erik. There is a problem .. . and ... Marshall please fix this .
- Mini Jama 18 Feb 2017 at 01:33 PM
- Mini Jama 18 Feb 2017 at 02:07 PM

vote

Sorry Team Marshall, but there is an issue. I have the same problem with both my iPhone and my iPad. It's your issue. Marshall just man up and fix it!

answered 18 Feb 2017 at 10:44 PM

clark jarvis (3)
Hi Clark,

It might be worth trying another amp, maybe contact where you purchased it from, We have done lots of testing on iPhone and not had any issues

Regards

Team Marshall
- Lee Tomlin 20 Feb 2017 at 09:14 AM

votes

I was having issues as well on my Samsung S7 Edge. I tried removing the connection on my phone and uninstalling the app and restarting my phone before going through the setup process again. It was working fine before the upgrade to Android 7 a couple months ago. Last night I decided to go through the setup process again and this time I also did a reset of the amplifier. I was able to connect and for the first time in a couple months, it actually stayed connected for more than the usual 2 minutes. Whether it will connect again after the amplifier is powered back on after a day remains to be seen, but the amplifier reset seems to have fixed the issues. Odd thing is, when my Samsung phone was having connectivity issues, my Samsung tablet which also has Android 7 would work fine. Definitely seems to be something to do with multiple Bluetooth devices being available. I have Bluetooth turned on both Samsung devices and always have them in the same room as the amplifier. Just a guess on my part regarding the connectivity issues. App developers should be able to test and pinpoint what the exact causes are and correct them.

answered 14 Jul 2017 at 02:50 PM

Gerald Joa
Loading - please wait...