High end treble fizz or crackle on most presets / cabinet resonance

votes

Hi. First just to say that a am generally very happy with the CODE50 & it is definitely filling a gap to provide great practice tones with aux input from LickLibrary & my son's vdrum set to jam along! I have a coupe of items I wanted to put out there to the forum:

So the fizz - has anyone else noticed a very high end (treble) fizz or harsh crackle to the tone on most 'unsaturated' presets? It almost sounds like a digital clipping at the high end of the spectrum to my ear. It is definitely worse when using my 2015 Gibson Les Paul Less+ (which has the brass zero fret nut) like the amp is reacting to some of the pronounced higher frequencies on this guitar but it is also noticable with other guitars using a standard nut material.

The cabinet resonance I guess is due to the relatively light weight MDF that the cab is constructed of which appears to vibrate a little too readily has the master gets to about 1.5 / 10. I have dabbled a little with the resonance / presence settings under the speaker cab which has helped control it a little but I would be interested in any other ideas for reducing that boooom that can wash out the tone. I do have a 4 ohm Celestion G12T-75 from a long broken Marshall SS 50w combo which I am thinking of trying out - it is a physically heavier speaker than the CODE one pre-installed but I don't think structurely this will be a problem for the cabinet. I would appreciate any other ideas - anyone added noise suppression foam to the inside of the cab (as used in noisy PC towers) or anything else?

Cheers all.

asked 16 Feb 2017 at 05:02 PM

Toby Gilbertson (1)
Hi Toby
I have the same problem, the fact is that this fizz noise is also audible even at low volume... really can't understand.
I thought it was a problem with the speaker vibration but at this point I'm not sure ....
I'm gonna send it back and try another one.....
- matteo petroni 21 Feb 2017 at 07:38 PM
I was forgetting I have tried code 25 with all my guitars les paule - tel - start.... but hear the same problem..... - matteo petroni 21 Feb 2017 at 07:40 PM
I also try the Headphones and there no fizz.... - matteo petroni 21 Feb 2017 at 07:47 PM
same problem for me code 50 - Stephen Farrow 29 Mar 2017 at 01:45 PM
Same problem for me - Ken Gibson 22 May 2017 at 04:59 AM
Answers: 2

votes

Check the gate settings of the AMP model (in the preset), that is the noise gate, when input goes down. the noise and sound it is limited, this causes the sound you mean, on lots of presets the gate in ON! By default... when 0 (zero) it is off

answered 22 Feb 2017 at 06:39 PM

Marc G
Hi. Yes the noise gate is on everything & at stupid levels on a lot of settings. I know the breakup the gate causes but it is not quite the same as the 'fizz' I am referring to. Might see if I can record it. - Toby Gilbertson 04 Mar 2017 at 09:19 AM

votes

Hello,

I have the same problem with my Code 50. Clipping sound, sort of a "fizz" by the end of the sound...

answered 31 Mar 2017 at 06:47 AM

Maxence Barreau
Loading - please wait...