band sounds....

votes

how can i get diff. sounds like foreigner....from my code 50...and zeppelin  sounds...

asked 18 Mar 2017 at 03:36 PM

Blaine Holcomb (1)
I've played songs from Foreigner, Zeppelin, Bonamassa, Whitesnake, ZZ top, Michale Schenker and more, with my own preset. You can find it by presets - private - Plexi JM . ( https://marshallcode.tools/patch/ )
I've used in front of the amp my pedalboard: wah wah- mxr phase 90 - corona chorus - klon centaur - mojo mojo - spark booster. With this i have several options for my sound. Already try it live and it works for me. My set up is the Code 50 with a modified jcm 800, together they sound great in the band mix.
Hope for you the same
JM
- Jan Marcel de Jong 22 Mar 2017 at 03:11 PM
Answers: 1

vote

Okay, I'll bite.  

In simple terms, push the buttons and spin the knobs on your amp until you acheive something you like, then push save.  You can also search for user presets others have made and posted on the internet.  This website has quite a few, including a few Zepplin ones.  Although, I have tried the Zepplin ones here and don't like them at all.

You can also try the "marshallcode.tools" website for more presets.  If your amp is connected to a computer with a USB cord both websites will send the preset striaght to your amp, if you like them push save.  Just make sure you are not overwriting a built in preset that you like.

A good start is to take your first preset "00--el34 Heaven" on the amp.  Turn off the modulation and delay, adjust the EQ knobs to taste and save it.  That is my favorite factory patch with some tweaks.  Keep in mind that most of the user presets that you find will probably need a little bit of tweaking on your part to get them closer to what sounds good to you.   

edited 19 Mar 2017 at 01:11 PM

Dennis Bowen (20)

answered 19 Mar 2017 at 12:38 PM

Dennis Bowen (20)
thanks guys...
- Blaine Holcomb 23 Apr 2017 at 12:49 PM
Loading - please wait...