Speaker output stops working....

votes

This really stinks...

I have a brand new Code 25 and it stops playing through the speaker after a few seconds.  The output is always there when I plug in a headset, but the speaker plays for a few seconds then goes quiet.  I redownloaded and installed the firmware.  I tried different settings and different presets.  Nothing works.  Any other advice before i talke it back to the Guitar Center?

asked 24 Mar 2017 at 01:30 AM

George Martin
Answers: 4

votes

Hi George,

Thank you for your message. are you saying when you use headphones the speaker stops working. When you use the headphone input it cuts the sound from the speaker, you can't use both together.

Kind Regards

Team Marshall

answered 24 Mar 2017 at 08:25 AM

votes

no.  Of course I do not mean when the headphones are plugged in.  It is pretty obvious that when you plug in the headphones the speaker mutes.  Let me be clear

- turn amp on, sound works.

- After a variable amount of time (sometimes very short) output stops working.  Bluetooth connection still active, but no sound out.  If I now plug in my headphones they work (so the amp is obviously still generating the signal), but no sound from the speaker with the headphones unplugged.

- Turning off the amp and powering back on brings output sound back... for a variable amount of time before it stops again.

answered 25 Mar 2017 at 08:09 PM

George Martin
If that is the case, I would say you need to take the amp back to where you purchased it for an exchange for repair

Kind Regards

Marshall Amps
- Lee Tomlin 27 Mar 2017 at 09:46 AM

votes

This exact thing happens to my CODE 25.  I should be practicing right now but instead I'm sitting here.... 

Wishing my Amp worked.

answered 25 Mar 2017 at 09:47 PM

Jason Munday

votes

I was playing a gig last Sat night and the exact same thing happened to me. If I shut it off and turn back on sound comes back for a while... I think it's a software bug... but could be other...

answered 22 May 2017 at 03:59 PM

Joe Ruggiero
Loading - please wait...