New Bluetooth connection issue on both Apple and Android devices.

votes

I've had my Code amp for a couple of weeks and managed to connect it to my iPhone which is running the latest ios 10.2.1.  I also got it to connect to a brand new Samsung Galaxy Tab A running Android 6.0.1.  The connection didn't always work and sometimes dropped out.  I've updated the Amp to the latest firmware to hopefully cure the connection issues and now my phone and tablet just can't detect the amp at all.  I've tried turning on and off, resetting everything, forgetting the device etc. etc. but it's like the amp just doesn't have Bluetooth.  As no device can see the amp then Gateway just isn't possible to use as it also can't detect a phone or tablet. My devices can see each other but it's like the Amp just doesn't have Bluetooth.  I've also tried searching for it with an Ipad but this also couldn't see the Amp ?  It looks like the Bluetooth has died on the Amp but thought I'd ask if anyone has any ideas of anything to try or otherwise I'll have to take it back to the dealer and either try another one or replace it with a Fender Mustang.  It's a good amp but seems to have to many glitches at the moment looking at the forums.  I'll give it one more go though if anyone has any suggestions to try.  Any ideas anyone ? Many thanks for reading.

Thanks for the responses.  I think it is a hardware issue though with the bluetooth just not working on the Amp.  It doesn't seem to matter what device I use the amplifier just isn't visible to anything ?

edited 27 Mar 2017 at 11:36 AM

David Keeley

asked 24 Mar 2017 at 10:40 PM

David Keeley
Answers: 4

votes

Gateway w/ my  Andoid 4.4 I cannot have a connection be established; Bluetooth Settings / Devices menu is allowing the pairing.  

Try it now?

answered 26 Mar 2017 at 06:16 PM

James Jordan

votes

Hi,

I am running android 6.0.1 and everything is just fine.

I would give it a try by deleting the application cache or data in the android or even uninstall and reinstall it.

Javen

answered 27 Mar 2017 at 08:54 AM

Javen Roth (13)

votes

As suggested I've deleted the App and re-installed etc. but even with the App not on the phone or tablet no device seems to be able to see the Amplifier.  I suspect the bluetooth has died.

answered 27 Mar 2017 at 11:37 AM

David Keeley

votes

Hi,

Yeah, seems that your bluetooth has died. Yesterday I tried Gateway on my iPhone 5 running iOS 9.3.4 without problem also.

Maybe, you have to asked Marshall team for replacement or at least make them update their firmware to allow connection of usb bluetooth dongle through a usb connection cable.

Javen

answered 29 Mar 2017 at 04:39 AM

Javen Roth (13)
Loading - please wait...