April 2nd 2017, still cannot connect to Windows 10 or Chrome for firmware updates

votes

Hello, yeah just checking in to see if firmware updates are working for some cause I have had no luck at all with Win 10, or in Chrome. Downloaded update firmware and it just keeps sayin connect your amp with usb and I do? But nothing happens. I have the 25 and the 50 since they came out and it is April 2nd 2017... Just curious what is up and am I missing anything with these firmware updates? 

Alrighty Thanks Tony K. 

asked 02 Apr 2017 at 12:48 PM

T Knute (10)
Bad cable? - Franco Mazzetti 09 Apr 2017 at 11:11 AM
Hi Tony,
When you are trying to perform the update do you have any other browsers or app's open at the same time?
Team Marshall
- Marshall Amplification 10 Apr 2017 at 08:47 AM
Yeah, Thanks for responding : and Noo I have nothing running, everything shut down. Swapped usb cables, no luck, appreciate any help? I'd love to be able to do it from my note 5? - T Knute 13 Apr 2017 at 11:28 PM
Have you tried rebooting the computer? - Marshall Amplification 19 Apr 2017 at 08:14 AM
Answers: 2

votes

Hi I dont know if you have already fixed the issue but I just got my Code 50 today and had trouble connecting via bluetooth (as a lot of people have it seems!) just updated the firmware myself via chrome/USB and its now working fine.

edited 03 Apr 2017 at 05:00 PM

Connor Flynn

answered 03 Apr 2017 at 05:00 PM

Connor Flynn
Yeah Thanks, haven't had any Bluetooth probs yet, all that works. Just the firmware update, cannot get it to find amp or anything.
Thanks for responding..
- T Knute 13 Apr 2017 at 11:30 PM

votes

I know you'll hate me for saying this but I tried three cables which didn't work before I found one that did (and all three of the 'bad ones' work perfectly well on other devices).

Also if your using a windows PC, download this FW upgrade application, I found it easier to test the USB connection than doing it via the browser:

https://my.marshall.com/downloads/firmwareupdate

Good luck!

answered 29 May 2017 at 11:50 AM

Nigel Trueman (2)
Loading - please wait...