Marshall Code 25 with Code footswitch lag time.

votes

Is there any way to reduce the lag time when switching from one preset to another preset while using the Code footswitch ?. There is about a 1-2 second delayed reaction for the amp to change between presets. We really need a flawless and definatly instant process when switching from a  rhythm crunch to a lead solo or a clean to a lead or any other preset switching.

asked 08 Apr 2017 at 03:05 PM

Dennis Joy
I find there is only a delay when changing amp or cabinet models. If you set up your tones by changing the gain, EQ and effects only, the switch should be faster. - Franco Mazzetti 09 Apr 2017 at 10:42 AM
My lead, crunch and clean tones are completely different from each other so the change from one to the other is getting lag time. We really need this to be an instant and seamless execution. - Dennis Joy 14 Apr 2017 at 02:47 AM
Unfortunately, the Code has to load a whole new preset when you do that. It may get faster with subsequent firmware updates but I doubt it will ever be eliminated. - Dave Witek 29 Apr 2017 at 08:46 PM
Yes, I agree that it will probably not get any faster. It is very unfortunate that the lag time for " loading or changing presets " is an issue. - Dennis Joy 17 May 2017 at 11:55 PM
Answers: 1

votes

check out this "tutorial"  hope it assists

https://youtu.be/t9jUD0Tp3ew

answered 09 Apr 2017 at 11:35 AM

dave thomas (18)
Yes thanks, I checked it out. Good tutorial but same problem. His tones seem very similar to each other so not much of a change. My crunch, clean and lead tones are completely different from each other so I get a very noticeable lag time. We really need an instant and seamless execution when switching from one preset to another. - Dennis Joy 14 Apr 2017 at 02:55 AM
Loading - please wait...