Marshall Silver Jubille Reissue 4 X 12 Speaker Cab Speakers?

votes

I just got a Reissue Silver Jubilee Cab thinking it had Chinese Celestion Vintage 3o Speakers (60 Watts); I openned the cab and discover British made cobranded Marshall/Celestion G12 Vintage Speakers (70 Watts). I can find no information about this speaker. Most retailers advertise Vintage 30 but I think they are wrong. I am also unable to locate the label on the web, Marshall site, or Celestion site. Anyone know what these speakers are and why information nonexcistent on Marshall or Celestion cities? The label has the word Vintage on it in different font and no "30" compared to china made Vintage 30 speaker.

asked 15 Apr 2017 at 05:09 AM

David Hungate
Answers: 1

votes

Hello David,

The Marshall Vintage 30 is made by Celestion for us this is why you can find any information about the speaker. 

answered 25 Apr 2017 at 07:26 AM

JOANNA GREEN (643)
Thanks for the reply. I guess I'm confused about the "Vintage 30". The Vintage 30 I'm familiar with is a 60 Watt Speaker made in China. The "Vintage" in my cab are rated at 70 Watts and are made in UK. I read somewhere the original Jubilee Cab in '87 could be purchased with an upgraded speaker option and this option was also a custom made for Marshall speaker "Vintage" that was the precursor to the development of the Vintage 30 we all know today. Maybe not but any info about it would be cool. I'm not so much a gear head but I love knowing history of some things. - David Hungate 26 Apr 2017 at 12:21 AM
Loading - please wait...